Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

frEE sTAr pAttERn

frEE sTAr pAttERn



I searched the internet looking for a very small star pattern that has all stitches in a magic circle.
Not finding one, I decided to create one myself.

Make a magic circle. All stitches are made in the magic circle. Chain 1, *single crochet, double crochet, chain 2, slip stitch through 1st chain of chain 2 made then slip stitch through remaining loop on hook, double crochet*. Repeat around from * to * 4 more times. Slip stitch to beginning single crochet. Finish off.
Pull the magic circle tail closed.

(picture instructions below)


This is what I put them on.
Adorable, right?



Picture instructions
(click on photo to enlarge)



Enjoy! :'}



5 comments:

Marilyn said...

what cute little stars...will have to try them...thank you for working them out... :)x

The Garden Bell said...

Clever, clever, clever...

Anonymous said...

The stars look great, I found myself also looking for a small star pattern based around a magic circle, and this looks like a great idea.

I tried doing it though, and I guess was misunderstanding how it works because the different corners of the star ended up dead-ending into one another and it got a little complicated (and much less pretty than yours)

I was wondering if you might consider making a video or including pictures from different stages in the process.

Helen said...

so cute! I just made one. thanks for the tutorial.

LD said...

Thanks. Want to try this star for the Christmas garland I am making, mixing it in with other Christmas motifs.